Friday, April 10, 2009

COMFORTABLY NUMB

"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye
"I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now
"The child is grown the dreams are gone and I have become comfortably numb.
I use the lyrics from an old Pink Floyd(one of my favorite bands of all time,you really should check out there wonderful old songs) for todays thoughts that have been rummaging thru my mind. I can remember all the things I dreamed of doing when I was a lad and had not yet become jaded by the collective consciousness of the world. There was nothing I couldnt do, all I had do was declare what it was I was going to do with myself as I grew into an adult. I was blessed to have wonderful parents that never told me I couldnt do anything I wanted.I was going to be an astronaut but probably after I had retired from being a pro baseball player.Oh how i can sweetly recall those dreams. What happened?
As I entered high school things begin to change. My interest changed alright but I also began to lose sight of my dreams.The next thing I knew I was out of school and working to make money to live on.Mydreams of the "big" things somehow got lost in the shuffle of working and trying to find my way.I spent many years kinda "lost" or just getting by. Little by little the nagging feeling that I had lost my dreams of my youth kept haunting me.I suppose that is why I loved the song by Pink Floyd. It kinda summed up my life.
But thankfully at a still young age I managed to reach back into the depths of my mind and find some of those old dreams. Of course the pro baseball career and the astronaut things was no longer an option so I decided on making new dreams come true. During this time I began to feel a tug from the ONE SPIRIT that makes up all of us.It has taken me down several paths, some hard some easier but all of them enlightening in their own way.
One thing for sure was that this calling sure got me out of the comfortably numb state(there is hardly ever a dull moment following Spirits guiding words) I had lapsed into.But at times even these days as I read of all the bs in this world the awful things we do to each other etc I start to drift back into that state as kind of a protection. Thats when I have to dig deep and again start believing in my dreams of a world of all people living in peace and living as one. And with a lot of help from my friends such as yourself I will keep on dreaming.I hope you all have the most wonderful weekend posible.Hugs to each one of you!

No comments: