Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ROLLING WITH THE FLOW

I am reminded of the song by Charlie Rich in the late 70's titled Rolling with the flow. I keep on getting older but just keep on rolling with the flow. Great lyrics! How simple and how easier are our lives when we finally learn to relax a little and just go with the flow. This will Im sure mean many different things to each person. What I consider the flow may be totally different than the one you find yourself on this very moment.That really is besides the point I do believe.I recall some of my younger days when I oft times found myself failing to roll with my personal flow and it always semed to cause me many heartaches misfortunes and lots of stress. As I finally began to ease into the person I intended to become it made things easier to just roll with it and have a devil-may-care attitude. But at the same time I would still allow stress at times to overtake my better sense of judgements and find myself again struggling to get along. Today I still have lots of work to do on myself but find it much easier to stay within the flow of life as I see it. I look at the big river that flows right past downtown Paducah and Im constantly reminded of how my life has seemed to go thru the years. The river just flows easily at times, and at times after a lot of rain it flows like a raging torrent. But whatever the circumstances it keeps on rolling. If it comes upon an obstacle in its way it will flow around it or thru it whichever is the easiest. It always looks for the path of least resistence.And altho this river can be altered by man made dams etc it remains always true to itself.Rolling along ever rolling just being what it is. It will continue to flow freely as long as it never dries up. Such is our lives I think. Life will be smooth sailing at times, at other times it will be a flooding raging torrent. It will come upon obstacles from time to time and have to either go around or thru them. If we can manage to take our lives with the path of least resistance we shall be beter off for it. Every circumstance every encounter for us is like a new drop of water in the river. It quickly mingles with the greater source and becomes one with all.My hope and my prayer for all of you is that your life will be forever flowing gently but when the rough times do come that you will be able to remind yourself---Roll with the flow-- I will leave you with the following quotes and bid you all a wonderful week ahead. Bless your hearts!

.....the minute I know that God(Spirit) is love, I have no more problems. That ends them. If I know that God is Infinite intelligence and that is is His good pleasure to give me the kingdom, what kind of problem can I have?
Joel S. Goldsmith--The Art of Spiritual Healing

It is only as we allow the Divine current to flow through us on and out, that we really express life.
Science of Mind

No comments: