Saturday, July 4, 2009

BEING SUCCESSFUL

Just what would you define success as? I have found that most of us have our very own unique definition of what success is. Sadly( I think) too many of us define success as how much money and material possessions we have amassed. Now I believe there is nothing wrong with having lots of money and fine beautiful homes and other things that make this life comfortable but to define success only in this way is a mistake I do believe. As I take a look at my own personal life I can see how my definition of success has changed from time to time. As a younger man I guess the material things and money meant a lot more to me than they do now. And I tended to think success was how I matched up to others. After years of trying to keep my ego in check I finally found out it didnt matter how others perceived me and my own self worth wasnt to be measured in what things I had.And that was a good thing because Ive never really had lots of fine "stuff". Until I married my sweet wife I lived in apartments and old houses. I drove old cars but did manage to own a Harley motorcycle. Luckily for me my wife to be never judged me by what I had in material possessions but she was able to look into my heart and see the love within. Over the years I had defined success as being the best person I could possibily be. Im still working on that but at least I am content with my rate of "success". Now I tell people I consider myself a success if I wake up breathing in the morning.A vey simple view for a very simple guy! Now I dont know how you define success for yourself and I sure dont want to try and tell ya how to do it, Im only saying put some thought into it and you may be surprised to find that you are already successful and just didnt know it. Anyway I wish for all of you the success you truly are searching for and may it arrive at this very moment. I will leave you with the following quotes from Science of Mind and its founder Ernest Holmes. May God bless you and yours now and forever."Hugs"

"The thing that stands between you and the greater good is a thing of thought and nothing else. It is not Reality that you must change, but your mental reaction to It.
Ernest Holmes--This Thing Called You

Declare your freedom. Know that no matter what others may say, think or do, you are a success now, and nothing can hinder you from accomplishing your good.
Science of Mind

No comments: