Sunday, August 30, 2009

BEING PEACEFUL AND LIVING SIMPLY

I know all of us have busy lives that at times seems to be stressful and jjust wears us out trying to manage all we think we have to do. That's just the way it seems nowadays especially here in the good ol USA. Ive heard that overseas the folks shut down their businesses for a lunch break and take an hour or 2 off to eat and rest maybe even a short nap. I dont know if they still do that overseas but Im alsmost sure noone does ithere in the USA. What a shame too! No wonder we are a country of overweight unrested unfullfilled group. We have let our lives become too much of a stressor to really enjoy the best things in life.I mean how can we be at peace within our own minds when we seldom slow down to just "be" for a little bit?I know all the arguments---I have to work to take care of family and pay the bills, I have to be an overachiever just to get to the top of my profession, I cant afford to slow down someone is just waiting to take my place if I pause for a moment, etc etc. And I do realize that these arguments have some very valid points and I know at times there really is no way to slow down but waht cost are we paying? A very high price I do believe.Personally I believe the greatest gift we have is that of being at peace within our soul and living a simple life. The more simple the better I do believe. There is a quote in the Science of Mind textbook page 539 which says "Peace, like an ocean of Infinite Life, reflects Itself through me and calms every turbulent feeling." I really believe this is true if we can only take the time to practice doing it--that is to relax breath deeply and remember who we really are. I also love the following quote from Lao-Tse which says "I have three things to teach; simplicity, patience, and compassion. These three are your greatest treasures." I sincerely hope that each one of you will have a great week ahead and that you can find at least 1 hour during that time to relax meditate and find that center at your true being that will calm the spirit and allow you to fully express the absolute wonderful person that you really are. Bless your hearts my friends! I love you!

No comments: