Saturday, September 12, 2009

ONENESS

Today I would like to express my thoughts and beliefs on unity or oneness since I do believe that all of us are "one". By that I mean I feel all of us have come into being from the ONE SOURCE of everything. That Source is what lots of folks call God or any other name they feel comfortable with. I prefer to use the term Spirit or Universal Mind simply because the word God seems to mean so many different things to so many different people. And wehn you mention God most folks take that as something religious. Not that I have anything against religion but I feel religion only goes so far in helping one to find their meaning in life.But geting back to the point of us all being One I cant seem to imagine it being any other way. I know we all come from different backgrounds, different races, and differnet places in the world but I feel we are all spiritual beings who have incarnated into this 3 dimensional plane to experience our personal spiritual growth. And sine I believe we are all one that is why I cant understand why we treat each other so horribly at times. When we attack another we are only attacking ourselves at the same time.If we could all just live as if we all were brothers and sisters we could quickly put an end to the absurdities of life. As the late great John Lennon once said in song"Imagine all the people living life in peace" --Now thats a really nice thought. Anyway I am trying to live my life by treating everyone as if they are "one" with me and I hope more of the worlds people will begin to do the same. I will leave you with the following 2 quotes--The first is from Swami Vivekananda He says "All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything." And from the Science of Mind Textbook comes the following thought--No false sense of seperation can come between people, nor disturb the realization of the unity of all life. I wish all of you continued happiness and joy in all you do.God bless you and yours now and always!

No comments: