Saturday, March 20, 2010

BLESSINGS

I was just thinking of how many blessings there are in my life at this moment. And then those too that have been enjoyed in the past. I really do feel that i am living some kind of a charmed life. Dont get me wrong, Ive had many many turbulent times in my life(most of which was brought about by my own decisions) but Ive always gotten through them and found myself on the other side a better man for it. At least that is the way I feel. Looking back there are several things Id love to be able to have a "redo" on but knowing thats impossibile Ill just be happy in knowing I made a lot of stupid decisions but was able to learn from them. I suppose the one main thing Id do different if I could would be to have taken better care of my physical body when I was young. Like most youngsters I didnht think Id ever make it to be 40 yrs old let alone to be going on 58.And I do suffer quite a bit of pain from abusing this body but it still works ok most of the time.But back to the blessings--this life is just full of them if we take the time to look. Most of us hurry through our days trying to make a living, trying to get through school, trying to raise our kids, etc etc and we dont even take a moment to be grateful for the blessings we take for granted every day.I know Im as guilty of this as a lot of folks are but at least I will remind myself of these blessings when I start to get down about anything. Of all the blessings family and friends will always be at the top of my list. So I thank each one of you beautiful people who share even a small part of your life with me. I am grateful for your friendship.I leave you now with wishes for a most wonderful weekend filled with lots of love peace and joy for all of you. May you all be safe and may your blessings be many!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What I should have done" is what I think all of adults will say when we experience the aches and pains of aging. Be safe and have a fabulous week ahead!

captron52 said...

Thank you my dear and the same to you and yours!