Friday, September 17, 2010

WALKING THROUGH ILLUSION

I'd like to take time to introduce to all of my friends and readers of my blog to a wonderful lady who is a very talented writer. Her name is Betsy Otter Thompson. Some of you may already be familiar with her and her books. I was fortunate enough to acquire a copy of her book titled"Walking Through Illusion". I did a quick read through and am now in the process of reading it again much slower this time around. I have to say that I really feel it is one of the "best" boks Ive come across in quite a while. The way Betsy interpets the info in this book is awesome.One of my all time favorite writers is Richard Back(author of Jonathon Livingstone Seagull,A bridge Across Forever, Illusions, and One just to name a few.) And this book by Betsy reminds me so much of Bach's works. It is very uniquely written from a very diferent viewpoint and it has caused me to do a lot of deep thinking which I desperately need to do from time to time. As I continue to read agin Betsy's book I am going to share some of her quotes here on the blog. But if you get a free moment you should check out Betsy's work for yourself.She has been kind enough to allow me to share parts of her book here online and a link that you can follow to contact her person to person. One of her links is http://www.betsythompson.com. And now here is just a small sampling of her work in Walking Through Illusion--In chapter 11 which is titled Truth she asks the reader this question: "Whose truth is the right truth?" She then answers this question with the following--"No one else's beliefs have validity in your life unless you live them, love them, and therefore understand them" I couldn't agree more with Betsy on that statement . I do hope you will do yourself a favor and check out her website. She has also published other books one may find interesting. In closing may I wish for each of you dear folks a very blessed weekend for you and yours. My sincerest hope is that it will be filled with much love, peace,joy, and fun! Be safe out there in this big ol world and try to do something good for someone! "HUGS" to each of you.

No comments: