Sunday, December 12, 2010

FINDING JOY

Why does anyone bother to love anyone or anything? Isn't life more simple if we just take care of ourselves and not worry about anyone else? But the most of us seem to love others willingly, even if we know it may later cause much heartache, sorrow and loss. But we still are willing to sacrifice the comfort of only having to worry about ourself so we can love someone. I read a quote from Sathya Sai Baba who says:"Man(woman, my interjection) loves because he is Love. He seeks Joy, for he is Joy. He thirsts for God, for he is composed of God and he cannot exist without Him." I have to fully agree with that statement and that explains (at least to me) why we allow ourselves to love another. I do know from experience that I am so much more happy and fulfilled when I am giving my unconditional love to others while at the same time allowing others to love me. I can well remember in my younger days how I sometimes felt when I didn't have close at hand that One woman I could lean on and give my love to. I made it thru some very lonely times(usually because of the choices I made) and today I am a firm believer that one must truly love and be loved in returned to feel complete. My sincere wish and hope for all of you wonderful folks is that you right now find yourself surrounded by those who love you unconditionally and allow you to give your love to them. And I also hope the new week ahead will be filled with much love,peace, joy, and all good things! "HUGS"

5 comments:

Steven K said...

You are always so deep. My take after many years of thinking about it....We love because we want to be loved. As far as God is concerned, our need for a "God" is so we have a conscience. We also need someone to talk to...even if there is no direct verbal answer.

Steven K
Cushing America

Breath-e said...

"allowing others to love me." This is key, so very key! That's what makes it an 'equation' [hello...equal, balances out, stabalizing] - that's love.

{whoa, young lady, calm down. That's enough now. no need to say more...you're singing to the choir here...]

captron52 said...

Hey Steven
Thks for stopping by and taking time to comment. Hope your week has started off great!

Hi Sarah
Keep on singing dear the choir always needs ya! Have a great week!

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

Beautiful sentiments – the same to you!

captron52 said...

Thank you Cathy, And thks for stopping by and commenting. Have a great week!