Monday, June 20, 2011

THE GREATEST POWER

Ralph Waldo Emerson states in his work"The Over-Soul" Man is a stream whose source is hidden. I agree with old Mr Emerson.Folks look for this Power, this God, this Allah, This Spirit, This whatever you wanna call it, in all kinds of places but seldom find it. Why is this? I surely cant say for sure but I will instead relate the following story I once heard. There were once 3 wise and worldly women who were given the task of where to place the greatest power in the universe. The first woman wanted to place it on top of the highest mountain. But they soon agreed this would not work because too many people would find this power and possibly misuse it.The second woman wanted to hide it in the deepest ocean. But again they ruled that out for the same reasons.The third woman said "Let us put the greatest power of the universe within each individual. No one will ever think of looking for it there."  This fable says to me that if we truly want to discover God, or Spirit, or Universal Mind etc we should begin our search by looking deep within our own minds and soul. And I think that is where it will be found! My hope for all of you wonderful folks is that your search will quickly bring to you the discovery that we are all ONE. No better no worse no anything just ONE! And with that in mind please remember to try and do something nice for someone today just because you can do it! "HUGS" to all of you my dear friends

3 comments:

captron52 said...

spam?

E. M. Prokop said...

Great post Ron! It's true, we all have strength and power within us..sometimes we don't realize how strong we are..I've always thought that the power to do anything or be anything resides in each individual, and not with an invisible man in the sky...and by the way, I think that first comment is definatley spam! I've gotten similar comments..
Peace to you Ron, have a great day!

captron52 said...

Thanks Eve Hope you have a great weekend!