Friday, December 2, 2011

TRUCKIN'---GOING HOME

With the help of one of my favorite bands I want to explain how I sometimes feel. This entry could also serve as a tribute to Jerry Garcia who was the founding member(I think) of the band The Grateful Dead. This band played all over the country and had so many loyal followers who were affectionately called "Deadheads". I always loved their music but never had the opportunity to see them perform live.I think my favorite song of their's is the one titled "Truckin'. The words which are to describe the bands life on the road over the years seem to haunt me as if the song was written about my own life--not about traveling here as a person but rather as my travels as a "soul". I will be turning another year older in 3 days and as such Ive come to think more of what awaits me at the end of this earthly life. Not that I havent thought about things like that for many years now as I have always felt a little like I am in the wrong world for some reason and that one day I shall go back home to my "real" home where all is one and one is all.Guess thats why some consider me a "dreamer" I dont know. With a tip of the hat to the Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia I will now share some of the lyrics of that song with you and my own meanings will be in parentheses. I do hope you will enjoy the song and at the same time get to know me a little better also.

Truckin' got my chips cashed in, keep truckin' like the do-dah manTogether, more or less in line, just keep truckin' on
 Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on main street.
Your typical city involved in a typical daydream
Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings

Most of the cast that you meet on the streets speak of true love(Which to me is unconditional love)
Most of the time they're sittin' and cryin' at home (Should be out attempting to spread some love)
One of these days they know they better get going
Out of the door and down the streets all alone

Truckin' like the do-dah man, Once told me,"You've got to play your hand"
Sometimes your cards aren't worth a dime, if you don't lay em down( Your love aint worth nothing til you give it away and the cards cant be better till you play the ones you are given)

Sometimes the light's all shining on me, (When Im trying to share and become the finest human being I can possibly be)
Other times I can hardly see (When I allow life to get me down)

Set up like a bowling pin knocked down(By life's troubles and cares)
Its gets to wearing thin they just wont let you be (I cant be what everybody else wants me to be)

You're sick of hanging around and you'd like to travel
Get tired of travelin' and you want to settle down
I guess they can't revoke your soul for tryin' (Thank God for that)
Get out of the door and light out and look all around

Sometimes the light's all shining on me;
Other times I can hardly see (When I forget who I really am)
Lately it occurs to me, what a long, strange trip its been (I wouldnt trade it for anything tho)

Truckin' I'm a goin' home whoa baby back to where I belong
Back home, sit down and patch my bones (Thankfully no bones in spirit)
Hey now get back to truckin' home

 To all of you wonderful folks I sure hope you and yours have a most wonderful weekend filled with much love, peace, and joy. Please try and remember to do something nice for someone today just for the heck of it. At least it will make them think you are up to something! "HUGS" to all

2 comments:

E. M. Prokop said...

Thanks for this Cap...I love the Grateful Dead! Casey Jones, Friend of the Devil, Truckin', ....I think my favourite is A Touch of Gray..my middle son has been a certified Deadhead since he was about 19, and he's 27 now..way too young to have ever seen them, but he has everything they ever recorded..them and Jethro Tull! I always thought he had an 'old soul'..have a great weekend!!

captron52 said...

Like yourself your son has great taste in music! A Touch of Gray is my 2nd favorite of the Dead. Thks for stopping by sure hope you are feeling better!