Wednesday, June 27, 2012

TEACHING YOURSELF FIRST

How many times have you either seen someone or you yourself try to "teach" another the "right" way to live or to handle a situation? Many many times I'm sure. And this in itself is ok , for after all we all need a little help along the way to "understand" things. But one big problem with this , as I see it, is that oft times these wayshowers(including myself) will try to blindly show another the "right way" while not even very self assured that their "way" is the right one for everybody. That is why I always try to tell others that my beliefs are mine only and may not be the right one for them.But I do know lots of folks who seem to think their way of believing is so "perfect" that they are quick to condemn others who do not necessarily see things in the same light. In the Airline Safety Guidelines it states this:In case the oxygen mask falls from the compartment above your head, put your own oxygen mask on first and then help others around you. Now that makes perfect sense to me. So in closing I'd say that in order to truly assist anyone, one must first make sure that he or she teaches themselves as best they can before they even attempt teaching others. Its one thing to teach the "truth" but another thing entirely to just teach "one's personal truth". I send to you all my unconditional love and wishes for a terrific day and lifetime. And if you get a chance today please try to remember to do something nice for someone without thought of getting a reward. "HUGS" to all of you beautiful people.

7 comments:

The Truth Seeker's Guide said...

Pure pearls of wisdom as always Cap.
There are "truths" that people really do need to hear.
Of course, how they act on this information is another matter entirely.
You know the old saying about leading a horse to water...
Have a good one my friend!
Carl (The 'Guide)

captron52 said...

Thanks for stopping by Carl and for the kind words.I value yur friendship and admire yoiur wisdom on life. Have a geat evening

christopherdossantos3@gmail.com said...

Namaste brother, another fine post. I think we all desire to communicate truth as we see it. The beauty of the exercise is reflected in the inherent desire to bond with others. We wish to align ourselves with all elements in our reality, in doing so, we sometimes tend to be overzealous.

Finding in our heart the ability to release judgment will encourage us to accept all choices as manifestations of Godly perfection.

I hope to discover a complete acceptance of all manifest reality, alas, it is no easy task. For me the choices my brethren make in ignorance and fear are the hardest to bear as I know love, compassion and acceptance are such a simple cures.

Thank you for sharing your thought with us my brother, enjoy the fourth.

In Lak'ech, prosper in compassion bear the fruit of love....

E. M. Prokop said...

I try to never tell anyone what they ought to do...everyone needs to learn their own lessons and discover what is right for them. I can't stand it either, when someone thinks that their ways or beliefs are so much more important and 'right' than mine are...thanks for another insightful post Cap! *HUGS*

captron52 said...

Thank you both Christopher and Eve for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with us.The best of everything to you and yours.

Manoj Agadi said...

Yes,Captron52 you are 100% correct. First we have to teach ourselves what is right and what is wrong before giving suggestions to other people or giving guidance to the other people.

newsletter software

captron52 said...

thanks for the visit manoj.Please co me again any time