Monday, November 11, 2013

A SALUTE TO ALL THE VETERANS

I know I waited longer than I should have today in giving a big salute to all the vets who sacrificed and continue to sacrifice so much for this country of ours. I was never able to serve in the military due to a broken neck I sustained when I was 19 years old. Even if I had not of had that auto wreck that probably should have killed me I probably would not have served any way unless I had gotten drafted. I was still a selfish, ego driven young man at that age, and did not fully comprehend living a life of service. Today, I have lived long enough to better understand things like war and peace, countries and the such. Right now is not the time to talk about all that except to say I sure wish there never had to be another war of any kind. To me war is only an illusion brought about by a lack of positive thoughts. Strictly speaking from the knowledge I have gained I now hold the highest regards and esteem for all of our service men and women who have served in any kind of way to help keep our great country free. A very special thanks to all of you on this day that is set aside to honor all of your service and sacrifices. From the deepest part of my soul I say thank you. "HUGS"

2 comments:

christopherdossantos3@gmail.com said...

Namaste brother Ron, thanks for the post it causes me to reflect upon the subject. I think I will write a post on the subject. Go well and prosper in peace.

In Lak' ech, brother, living with love... searching for unity...

captron52 said...

Thank you Christopher. The very best to you and yours as always