Friday, August 29, 2014

HARMONY

What does the word harmony mean to you? In the dictionary I found this definition: 1. Agreement in feeling, approach, action, disposition, or the like; sympathy; accord. 2. The pleasing interaction or appropriate combination of the elements in a whole. I believe that since each of us human beings are an element in a whole then we should be able to live in harmony. But one need only to  look in their own family or neighborhood to see it sure doesn't seem that way. At first glance this 3 D world seems to be filled with individual beings that are determined to do as they please with no regard to their fellow brothers and sisters. I truly think that there are those of us who, when we are born into this world, just did not get "wired" right. Something in the brain for some reason is just not "right". This is where we get the psychopath and the sociopath. Those who for some reason cannot "see" that this world is not just here to fulfill their selfish desires. I may be wrong but those folks are usually beyond hope to ever live in harmony with the rest of us. But for those of us who would love to live in harmony with everyone, there still comes the time when we question if it is even possible at all! And I must admit I can get a little jaded myself when I see all the needless hate, spite, greed, and the like that oft times runs rampant all around us. But being the Dreamer I am I still hold on to the possibility that one day we all will realize how beautiful our world could be if we but chose to live in harmony. Will I ever see the day come when everybody honors each other with the respect they deserve. Probably not. But no one can keep me from dreaming so I'll just do the best I can to live in harmony and go from there. And my hope is that you will do the same. I wish to leave you with a quote from Elizabeth Carrick-Cook. She states: "All things return to harmony, for harmony is the natural state of being; upon it rests the principal of mathematics, of all intelligent understanding." And also from the Science of Mind comes the following. A sense of real completion can come only to that soul that realizes its Unity with the Great Whole. I agree with both of those statements and I look forward to the "time" when we all live as One! Bless you all.

4 comments:

deepian said...

Thanks for bringing focus on the concept of harmony - a delightful one. As a musician, to me harmony means a melodious fitting together. I play bass guitar primarily, and I love improvisation - jamming - where musical harmony is created spontaneously by a group of people. This requires a harmony of minds, a telepathic understanding of where each of us is going musically - right now. But harmony is a great word that can apply to so many situations - a collaboration of beings to produce a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts. It implies co-operation, and mutual connection and understanding. Harmony is an expression of our innate divinity. So, let us all seek and find harmony in every aspect of our lives.

captron52 said...

While I am not blessed with an ability to play guitar myself I find that a very good reference to harmony. Maybe someday my friend we will see harmony among all peoples. Have a great weekend!

christopherdossantos3@gmail.com said...

Namaste brother Ron; another fine post regaling the benefits of trying a little harder to harmonise with our human and non human brethren.

Regarding psychopathy, data suggests 4% of the population are wired incorrectly as you put it. On the other hand the sociopath is a completely different beast, they were wired right in the beginning but mental and/or physical trauma has disconnected or distanced them from their sense of self and the knowing of love.

No on could deny there is much darkness in our present day rendition of consciousness. With that said, psychopaths aside, I can only see love in the world. There are many who can only see a glimpse of their true self, whilst others, like yourself are fortunate enough to be flush with a knowing of the true self. I never hold a persons ignorance against them, if I did I would be denying my own wealth of ignorance. I never hold a persons lack of love against them, if I did I would be ignoring my own lack of love.

We are all a composite of light and dark, this is the expression of duality. Joy for those who can see the light and sorrow for those who cannot, but never, never, never will judgement or desire enter into the fray, it just does not belong.

Thanks for your wise words brother, always a treat to spend time with a good friend.

In Lak' ech, brother Ron, prosper with light.... live beyond fear....

captron52 said...

Hi Christopher Thank you for the kind words. I agree with all you say. I admit I still have some trouble with not allowing myself to judge those who seem intent on hate or the like. But I know you are correct there is no place for judgment on anyone. That little ego self of mine still rears its ugly head at times but I am working on it. Thanks for your valuable insights! Enjoy the new week ahead!