Thursday, February 12, 2015

SPREAD YOUR WINGS AND FLY

Yesterday while I was sitting around waiting on a package to be delivered I decided to get out some of my older writings and thumb through them. I love to do that from time to time as it helps me to remember not only where I have been but also where I would like to go. I admit some of the old writings seem so strange to me now that I have experienced several more years of living as a human being. I can honestly see my growth in many areas of my life. When I was young and dumb I thought I had already found all the answers I needed. Boy, was I ever wrong! Now I'm pretty much convinced I will never have all the answers. I also realize that some answers just have to be changed at times. Maybe I will share with you some of these older writings when the time is right. One thing I did find yesterday among my old tablets and pieces of paper was a list of sayings that I came up with long ago.I believe these were written by me in the 1980's and the the 90's. Not that the date makes any difference except that it helps me to remember just what I was experiencing at the time. Some of the sayings still ring true, for me at least, today as they did when I first came up with them. Today I'd like to share the one that was at the very top of my page. It read: How do you expect to fly when you never spread your wings? As I read that I then remembered that at that period in my life I was facing some rather difficult decisions in my personal life. I recall thinking to myself that I had become kinda stuck in some areas of my life and did not feel as if I was growing as much as I would have liked. Indeed I had become so secure in my own illusions that I had stopped trying to spread my wings so to speak and reach out for new experiences. Thinking that would mean my personal life would get even more joyful and filled I did just that. I spread my wings to soar and you know what happened? I allowed people and events around me to quickly drag me back down to a place that was ever so low and hurtful. Just eh opposite of what I had intended. But you know what else happened? I made up my mind to keep my wings spread and to get back on track and allow life to teach me any lessons I needed. It was a rough period for me but I got through it and was able to soar to heights that I had never attained before. And ever since that time I have tried my very best to keep on flying. There are times when I allow things to bring me down some but I have always managed to keep on flying. My sincere hope for all of you is that you have already begun your ascent to a much higher state and that even when things do go haywire that you are able to keep those wings wide open as you wait to the next updraft of knowledge to take you even higher. I leave you in peace and joy and please remember that as you go along your path to pause long enough to do something nice for someone else. Let us all continue to soar to new heights and aid those who may be having a hard time getting off the ground. Blessings to you beautiful people.

4 comments:

deepian said...

Thanks once again for another inspiring post. Indeed we are all learning to fly - higher an stronger - it is a great metaphor. It seems that change is never all in one direction - there is always ebb and flow. So keep on keeping "those wings wide open as you wait to the next updraft". love+light to all

captron52 said...

Thanks for stopping by Ian. Sure hope you enjoy a great weekend!

christopherdossantos3@gmail.com said...

Namastre brother; thanks for fielding my phone call today, a real treat.

I look forward to enjoying some of these writings. It brings me joy to reflect upon the journey toward sanity.

In Lak' ech, prosper with love... live with joy....

captron52 said...

Hey Christopher I sure did enjoy our talk. I'm still contemplating on some of my "older" fiction writings. Thanks so much for continuing to help me stay inspired to write more. You feedback rather positive or negative is much appreciated! The best to you and yours always!