Friday, July 1, 2016

DEATH---WHAT, ME WORRY?

I'm sure each one of us has their own feelings about the time their death as a human being comes to be. Some are afraid, some welcome it, some wonder about it, and so on. The only thing I know for sure is that all of us will experience it one day. From the book The Fire From Within comes this quote from don Juan Matus: "The worst that could happen to us is that we have to die, and since that is already our unalterable fate, we are free; those who have lost everything no longer have anything to fear."  I don't know how you feel about your own death, but as for me, I have to agree with don Juan on this one. I know I am gonna one day die so I will try to cram as much good living into this life as I can right now. One thing I do know is that life is way too short to waste any of it worrying about the mundane stuff. Whatever your feelings on death I do hope you will be able to live as "large" as you can while here on earth. Be good to yourself, and even better to others! Let your Love Light shine!

4 comments:

deepian said...

Following a near-death experience, I lost my fear of death, and the result was liberating. For some time afterwards I then did some crazily dangerous and irresponsible things, until I started to get to grips with the idea of consequences (karmic law)!

My experience of near-death was a sublime and wonderfully comforting one - and from reading many accounts by others who have had similar experiences (eg in the books of Rev. Moodie), this seems to be a common experience. Although death may no longer hold any fear, what doesn't go away, in my experience, is fear of suffering, and, as our suffering is a direct result of our own past actions, we do still have to consider carefully what we choose to do - i.e. its likely effect on others - if we wish to live joyous and fulfilling lives. That said, for most people (in the west at any rate), the fear of death is the greatest fear of all, and very restricting - and I find this very sad.

So I agree wholeheartedly with you Ron, when you write "I will try to cram as much good living into this life as I can right now." and "Life is way too short to waste any of it worrying about the mundane stuff." and "live as large as you can while here on earth". Absolutely!

Thanks for yet another inspiring post - and for all the previous ones that I have not responded too - I always read your posts here, whether I comment on them or not, and they are always uplifting, and that is a great gift to the rest of us.

love and light to all

captron52 said...

Hey Ian

Great to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words and for sharing your thoughts with us. Sure hope things are going great guns for you at the moment! As always, the very best to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Namaste brother, this is another very enlightening post. The illusion of death being a permanent end is a very tough nut for people to crack.

Personally, I very much look forward to this special day. Much as I love living, the draw of moving into a state of consciousness, in the absence of the EgoSelf, is a terribly compelling perspective.

While here, I will make the most of this super exciting ride. I will try my darnedest to represent myself as an impeccable spiritual warrior. Additionally, while on this physical plane, I will always seek to embrace love, give love. Finally, the search for wisdom will always be a companion.

I hope to live a very long life. However, when the Reaper visits, I will surely give him a real big hug.

In Lak' ech, prosper with life... live with joy...

captron52 said...

I hear ya brother Christopher. I find myself feeling exactly as you do regarding so called death. As I strive to live an impeccable life as a spiritual warrior I do indeed realize I have nothing to lose since I am aware that we all are going to die one day. As don Juan said, why be scared of death when we are already dead one day? Why not let that free us up to enjoy an impeccable life? If you do happen to get to the Reaper before I do tell I said "hey". Enjoy this special moment my friend.